Saturday, 27 April 2013

Happy Days

picture of first bloom in garden

This was the first flowering bloom in my garden...taken about ten days ago. I was so pleased to see some colour after such a tediously long dull, cold winter, that I raced in to get my camera for a snapshot of this beauty. (I'm afraid I really don't know what this shrub/bush is called. They are very popular and can be seen in lots of gardens around here).

Weather-wise it's been a mixed bag today. We've had sunshine and a smattering of hailstones...and still oh so frustratingly chilly. I'm itching to get my flip-flops on! 
My day has been a mixed bag too. It started with a strenuous boot-camp workout at 8.30a.m. followed by a leisurely breakfast with the family. Then off for a dog walk, a quick shopping session at the local chandlers shop for some bits and bobs. I love these shops, they have a certain smell which transports me back to my youth. It's so much nicer shopping here than at the huge DIY stores. Then on to Taylors Farm for some yummy supplies. No sooner had we finished then it was time for Little Ladys' second swimming lesson. She smiled the whole way through...gorgeous girl. Home for tea, followed by a spot of baking. I had a quick snooze in my sun filled conservatory whilst the cake was in the oven. Bliss! I had to use up a couple of lemons so what better than a lemon drizzle cake. Now I've made quite a lot of these cakes following different recipes, but THE BEST lemon drizzle recipe can be found at Attic 24. It's simple and quick to make (I don't have a food processor...mixing this by hand is no chore). The cake is so moist and tangy, and so popular with family and friends..it's always a winner. Thanks for sharing this one, Lucy.


picture of tea time treats
I'm off on a woolly adventure tomorrow... SOOOO excited, can't wait to tell you all about it next week. Have a happy weekend folks!! X

P.s. it's called a Camelia Rose, if any of you were wondering.

1 comment:

  1. I accidentally viewed your blog and I was so amazed with your work that it
    touched the deepness of my heart and it made me sentimental. Thanks for posting.
    Visit my site too.

    n8fan.net

    www.n8fan.net

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments - I read every single one. It makes me so happy that you took a minute to drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥