Monday, 1 April 2013

Love Birds

image of two tin birds


This year is flying by so fast... I'm crossing  the weeks off on the calendar at an alarming rate, it's making me panic a little! Goals and targets that I'd set myself at the beginning of the year are scoring low on the achievement league table...leaving me feeling a little deflated and disappointed with myself. Common problem I guess for most of us. 
I knew it was time for me to change tack and re-focus. It's so easy to get caught up with the daily routine that the small things are easily overlooked and go unappreciated, so this morning I decided to re-address this issue. I became more attentive and appreciative of what was around me. Just the smallest, simplest of things gave me so much joy and happiness...brushing my daughters hair, singing with my daughters in the car, being hit with the scent of flowers entering the living room, a bright blue sky at long last, chatter and laughter around the dinner table... the list is long.  Being Mindful is such a good thing to do, and I need to practise it more often!
So what's Love Birds got to do with it? Whilst pottering around the house this morning (still being Mindful, of course) it suddenly struck me I'd accumulated some treasures of late all with the same theme...beautiful, colourful birds.


image of items with birds on

I hadn't intentionally set out to purchase these birdie beauties, but when I set eyes on them I knew I just had to have them. Most of them (except for the cup) were purchased at Cedar Farm, a vibrant mix of craft shops, and local creative artists working on-site. There is even a fantastic yarn shop here called WickerWool, owned and run by a couple of local ladies with a passion for all things hand-made. They run a Knit and Natter class on a Tuesday afternoon...I haven't been yet, but it's on my 'to do' list.

I've also got a thing for lovely decorative tins. This was also purchased at Cedar Farm...no birds on this one but I still had to have it. (Don't want to start a birthday/Christmas present bird-themed craze amongst the family or the house will start to resemble an aviary!)


image of little tin

  You can see it contains my recent WIP... to be revealed very soon. Can't wait!


Hope your Easter has been a happy one.


image of easter related things


XX
















2 comments:

  1. First time I commented in a blog! I really enjoy it. You have an awesome post. Please do more articles like this. I'm gonna come back surely. God bless.

    www.imarksweb.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. When you feel like quitting think about why you started. (y)
    imarksweb.net

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments - I read every single one. It makes me so happy that you took a minute to drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥