Tuesday, 5 November 2013

Crochet Autumn Bunting


image of autumn coloured yarn
Just pootling past to say a big hello, and share a quick crochet Ta-dah with you. The Kidlings are back in school now so the normal routine has resumed, and I have so much to catch up on. First there's the housework - Oh My Goodness it's such a mess round here! We had lots of half term fun, I said a big fat NO to proper Get Stuck In housework. So now I'm ploughing my way through the heaps of teeny tiny toys scattered everywhere and the tumbleweeds of dog hairs in every nook and cranny of my home. It's going to take me all week...I'm not joking!

Thanks so much for your lovely comments on my crochet Autumn wreath. It was a really quick project to put together. However I can't say the same for my bunting - it just grew and grew and ideas evolved along the way with many unplanned additions. It all started with this idea...

image of crochet spider web bunting and spider
These bunting triangles can be used for Halloween decorations or like I've done I've used it as part of my Autumn bunting so it can stay up longer. I've written a free pattern for the spider web bunting and tiny spider if you fancy having a go yourself.  Just going to go right on and show you so...

Here is my finished Autumn bunting...
image of crochet Autumn inspired bunting
For something that I didn't really know how it was all going to turn out -  I'm chuffed to bits with it. I didn't think anything could top my lovely summery crochet beach hut bunting, which I'd become quite attached to.

It consists of a twiggy branch holding seven bunting triangles. Two Autumnal suns with iridescent discs for raindrops. Five leaves of varying sizes (and more raindrops). Spider webs and spiders. Berries. Four flowers. Three acorns, Two pumpkins and a partridge in a pear tree...if I could have added flying geese, pine-cones, sycamore seeds and more leaves I would have, but I simply ran out of time (and space).

Here's some close up pics...
image of crochet autumnal bunting

image of crochet Autumn bunting
Drat! Will have to add window cleaning to my long list of chores, Blah.
image of crochet autumnal bunting

image of crochet autumnal bunting
This last one isn't in focus properly but its such a bright one and shows off all the Autumn colours at their best. It was so difficult to take a decent steady shot of this and capture the colour quality too. 

image of box of fireworks

Have a great Bonfire Night! We are staying home and will be entertained by Pops who'll be in the garden (on his own - we will be watching from a lovely warm kitchen) lighting these lovelies. Hope the weather will be kind. Fingers crossed! XX

P.s If you love all things cottony and colourful go and take a look at Ada Bea's lovely blog. She has a smashing giveaway which ends this Friday. Quick hurry! x

6 comments:

  1. super fabulous - I love it! I especially love the leaf motif trapped in the triangle with a dangling acorn... brilliant! If you write that one up I will HAVE to copy it! Sher (www.flythecoopcrafts.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely bunting and thank you for sharing this pattern with us. I also REALLY love your beach house bunting, it's great!! Enjoy your week xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another absolutely genius bunting from you! I love it! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome post!! i really like your post. your pattern looks very pretty and this is very useful for window and doors decoration.
    Window care Butiksst├Ądning

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's such clever bunting - I love that it's full of symbols of Autumn. Wonderful ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this! What a cool idea! Love it.

    ReplyDelete

I love receiving your comments - I read every single one. It makes me so happy that you took a minute to drop by and say hello.
Thank you ♥